This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
These are the Keto Hamburger Buns you have been looking for – soft, yet firm enough to hold your favorite toppings!
I love the versatility of Hamburger buns! Any topping, any sauce, whatever you like, sandwiched between two soft buns. And now with these low-carb buns, you can make this reality in your keto life! These buns are made without grains, 100% gluten-free, and only 6 grams of net carbs per one large bun.
You may have tried other keto buns in the past that were heavy, crumbly, or dense. Not these one! The combination of egg whites, psyllium husk powder, and Greek yogurt, makes these low-carb buns soft, light, and yet firm enough for all your favorite toppings!
I make them on a weekly basis for my family. For my kids I shaped 3 smaller buns and for my husband and I, I make 2 large buns. Perfect!
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO
Tips for making the perfect low-carb Hamburger Buns!
Ingredients. For optimal results, use blanched almond flour, psyllium husk powder, and full-fat Greek yogurt. Whisk the wet ingredients well before you add the dry ingredients!
Shaping. Before you begin to shape your rolls, let the dough sit for 5 minutes. The psyllium husk powder needs that time to absorb the moisture. Use wet hand to shape your dough (I keep a small bowl with water next to me). With this recipe you can me 4 large buns or 8 smaller buns (or combination of).
The dough will rise during baking, so you can flatten the buns out a bit (just not too much). If you like, you can sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds before baking.
Storage. You can keep the baked buns covered on the counter for 1-2 days or freeze them in an airtight container.
You can now enjoy your keto burger any time!
Don’t forget to comment and hit the 5-star button! I love hearing from you!
TRY THESE KETO RECIPES WITH YOUR BURGER
SOFT Keto Hamburger Buns
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together whites, Greek yogurt, oil, and apple cider vinegar until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and hot water to wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. Let dough sit for 5 minutes.
- With wet hands, shape dough into hamburger buns and place onto lined baking sheet. You can shape 4 large or 8 small burgers (or a combination of). Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake buns for 23-24 minutes, until golden brown.