This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
A thick and creamy dessert that will meet your chocolate expectations! This Keto White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Chocolate Sauce tastes as good as it looks!
I have a new favorite dessert: Panna Cotta! Had I realized how easy it is to make this Italian cream dessert, I would have made it a long time ago! The preparation just takes a few minutes and then you let your fridge do the rest! Yes, really!
This Keto White Chocolate Panna Cotta is topped with a sugar-free chocolate sauce, resulting in an eye-catching dessert that awakens your taste buds. It makes for a beautiful, romantic dessert (hello Valentine’s!) or a special treat for the whole family. I’m happy to report that even my two critical boys LOVE my newest keto creation!
Can I eat this Panna Cotta on a keto diet?
You can and you should (because it’s just that good)! One serving (1/2 cup) of this sweet and chocolatey dessert only has 4 grams of net carbs! So, go ahead and indulge!
Panna Cotta is traditionally made with sugar dissolved in warmed cream. For our keto version, I use erythritol and sugar-free white chocolate chips. To keep the carbs low, the sweetener is dissolved in a mixture of heavy cream and almond milk.
The cream is then thickened with super healthy, grass-fed gelatin and chilled in the fridge until firm. The chocolate sauce is also keto-friendly and made with sugar-free milk chocolate chips! NO ADDED SUGAR!
Tips for making this double chocolate Keto Panna Cotta!
Milk. The base of this Panna Cotta is a mixture of heavy cream and milk. I use almond milk, but other types of unsweetened milk, like coconut milk or macadamia milk will also work. If you don’t mind the extra carbs from dairy milk, you could certainly use that, too (just make sure to pick full-fat).
Thickening. To thicken Panna Cotta, we rely on gelatin. By using a small amount of it, this keto Panna Cotta will turn out creamy and thick (don’t worry it won’t turn into a big blob of jelly). I use grass-fed beef gelatin. It is super healthy. Not only is gelatin keto-friendly, but it also strengthens bones and makes your skin beautiful! Prepare the gelatin, by sprinkling 1 tablespoon over 1/2 cup of milk. Let it bloom for 5 minutes, then whisk into the hot cream mixture.
Chilling. Since Panna Cotta is thickened with gelatin, it needs to be completely chilled to firm up. To do that, pour the cream mixture into 6 small serving dishes and chill in the fridge for about 2 hours or overnight. Once the Panna Cotta is chilled, top it off with the chocolate sauce and enjoy your sweet keto creation!
Treat yourself with this luxurious Keto White Chocolate Panna Cotta!
It would be great if you left feedback on this recipe by commenting and hitting the 5-star rating button. I’d love to hear from you!
MORE ELEGANT KETO DESSERTS
Keto White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Chocolate Sauce
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup milk, heavy cream, and erythritol. Over medium-low heat, bring to a steam while frequently stirring, then turn off heat. Stir in white chocolate chips until completely melted.
- While cream mixture is heating up, prepare gelatin. Sprinkle gelatin powder over 1/2 cup of cold milk. Whisk and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour gelatin mixture into still hot cream/white chocolate mixture. Whisk for about 1 minute until fully combined. Pour Panna Cotta mixture into 6 serving dishes and chill in the refrigerator until fully set (at least 2 hours or overnight).
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring heavy cream to a steam. Turn off heat and stir in chocolate chips until completely melted. Let the chocolate sauce slightly cool down, then pour over the 6 Panna Cotta dishes. Chill for 10 minutes and serve with fresh berries (if desired). Refrigerate leftovers and eat within 4 days.