This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
If you like unicorns, you will LOVE these Keto Unicorn Sugar Cookie Bars. Rainbow sprinkles, colorful frosting, sweet sugary cookie bars WITHOUT the sugar!
Unicorns seem to be THE imaginary creature of our times. You can find anything from unicorn cakes, drinks, cookies, and cakes. Now, I don’t blame anyone liking unicorns – they are beautiful, elegant, and so colorful. Unfortunately, all the food products carrying their name are just LOADED with sugars and artificial coloring.
I find this particularly sad because these products are mostly targeted towards children! So, when I found SUGAR FREE unicorn chocolate chips the other day, I knew that I had to come up with a sugary-sweet, keto unicorn recipe!
These Keto Unicorn Sugar Cookie Bars have a soft cookie base, topped off with a beautiful blue-pink frosting, and of course lots and lots of sprinkles and chocolate chips. They look so colorful and festive! Make them for your kid’s birthday party, your friend’s baby shower, or for HALLOWEEN! They are made WITHOUT any added sugar, are grain-free, gluten-free, and free of ARTIFICAL colors!
Tips for making colorful Keto Unicorn Bars!
Chocolate chips. I used Lily’s sugar-free Unicorn Swirl White Chocolate Chips. These are white chocolate chips with pink and blue swirls, colored from natural sources. I love them! Unfortunately, I learned that they are only available at Wal-Mart. At this point, you can’t buy them on Amazon or Lily’ online store. So, just in case you can’t find this sugar-free unicorn chocolate chips, you can easily replace them with Lily’s sugar-free white chocolate chips. The flavor is the same! And don’t worry – the unicorn bars will still be beautiful, thanks to the frosting and sugar-free sprinkles!
Butter. Your butter needs to be SOFTENED for this recipes. You will need softened butter for making the cookie batter and for the frosting! Make sure your cream cheese is softened, too! The frosting will not turn out creamy if you use cold butter or cream cheese.
Frosting. To color my frosting, I use Watkins Food Coloring. I love that it is free of artificial dyes! After I beat my frosting smooth and creamy, I divide it into two small bowls. To one I add a few drops of the blue coloring, to the other I add red drops until I reach my desired pink color. Then drop spoonful’s of the frosting all over your COOLED baked cookie batter and smooth it out with a metal spatula. EASY!
Celebrate with KETO Unicorn Sugar Cookie Bars!
MORE COLORFUL DESSERTS
Keto Unicorn Sugar Cookie Bars
- 8×8 inch baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line a 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat softened butter until creamy. Add erythritol, egg, and vanilla, and beat until well combined. Add almond flour, baking powder, and salt, and beat until cookie dough comes together. Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool down for a few minutes. Remove the baked cookie batter from pan and let cool down completely.
- While the cookie cools down, make the frosting. In a medium bowl, beat softened butter for about 2 minutes until light and creamy. Add softened cream cheese, Swerve confectioners, salt, and vanilla, and beat until well combined. Add heavy cream and beat some more.
- Divide the frosting into two small bowls. For pink frosting, add a few drops of red food dye to the frosting, for blue, add blue dye to the other bowl. Stir well. Distribute spoonful's of the colored frosting all over the baked cookie batter. Smooth out with a metal spatula to slightly combine the colors.
- Sprinkle the frosting with chocolate chips and sugar-free sprinkles. Cut the cookie into 16 squares. You can store leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for about one week.