This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
This sweet-savory Keto Teriyaki Beef and Shiitakes Stir Fry is a winner! Complex flavors combined with protein-rich flank steak and shiitake mushrooms.
This low-carb stir-fry is a family dinner hit! Loaded with proteins and vitamins and bursting with flavor! The homemade keto teriyaki sauce is completely soy-free, wheat-free, and made without any added sugar. Its sweet and savory notes stand out in this dish and make it finger-licking good.
I love the addition of shiitake mushrooms in stir-fries. They absorb the flavors around them and add texture to the dish. Moreover, they are high in B vitamins and vitamin D. So you can enjoy your meal while supporting your immune system. Win-win!
Tips for making a keto-friendly teriyaki stir-fry!
Sauce. To save time, you can make the teriyaki sauce a few days ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you are ready to us it.
Flank steak. If possible, buy high-quality beef. To cut it, first cut the steak WITH the grain into 2-inch-wide strips. Then slice it thinly (about 1/4 inch thick) AGAINST the grain. By cutting against the grain, we cut through the muscle fibers, making the meat more tender!
Marinate. To enhance the meat’s flavor and make it even more tender, we will marinate the sliced steak for 10-30 minutes in our homemade teriyaki sauce.
Green beans. I’m a bit lazy at times and use frozen green beans for this recipe, as it cuts down on prep time. However, you are more than welcome to use fresh green beans. If you chose fresh green beans, make sure to first trim them and cut them into 2-inch-long pieces.
Your family will love this Teriyaki Beef and Shiitakes Stir-Fry!
It would be great if you left feedback on this recipe by commenting and hitting the 5-star rating button. I’d love to hear from you!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER LOW-CARB DINNER RECIPES
Keto Teriyaki Beef and Shiitakes Stir Fry
- large skillet
- 1 recipe Keto Teriyaki Sauce divided
- 1 pound flank steak trimmed
- 7 oz shiitake mushrooms stemmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups green beans frozen, see notes if using fresh breans
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 stalk green onions sliced
- olive oil for frying
- To prepare steak, first cut the steak WITH the grain into 2-inch-wide strips. Then slice it thinly (about 1/4 inch thick) AGAINST the grain. Place into bowl with 2 tablespoons Keto Teriyaki Sauce, stir, and let marinate for 10-30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook until browned on both sides (about 2 minutes each side). If you only have a small skillet, work in batches. Transfer cooked steak to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, working over medium-high heat. Add shiitakes and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add green beans, fry for about 4 minutes. Turn down heat to medium, add water, and cook with lid on until beans are tender.
- While beans are cooking, combine garlic, ginger, and 2 tsp of olive in a small bowl. Push the beans and mushrooms to one side of the skillet, and cook garlic-ginger mixture in the center of the skillet until fragrant. Then stir to combine.
- Add cooked steak and green onions to the stir-fry, stir. Lastly, add the remaining Keto Teriyaki Sauce and stir until everything is evenly coated.