This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
Make breakfast savory again with these Keto Sour Cream and Chives Pancakes. Light and fluffy, these pancakes will bring some flavor to your mornings!
I’m all for beginning my mornings with a sweet breakfast, like with my Keto Waffles, Keto Apple Pancakes, or Royal Austrian pancakes. Sometimes, though, I just got to have a savory breakfast, think bacon, eggs, and my Sour Cream and Chives Pancakes.
The combination of sour cream and chives is meant to be! The onion-like flavor of chives perfectly supplements the creaminess of sour cream. Lock this into fluffy pancakes and you got yourself a keeper! I love to top off my pancakes with a dollop of sour cream or fresh guacamole, or with a side of smoked salmon. Delicious!
To keep our breakfast low-carb, I only use almond flour and say bye-bye to wheat flour. The addition of cream cheese, as our binding agent, helps with keeping the shape (since we don’t use gluten). Eggs and sour cream make our pancakes nice and soft. By choosing these low-carb ingredients, each pancake only ends up with 3 grams of net carbs!
Tips for making these savory pancakes!
Sour cream. I always buy FULL-FAT sour cream. Not only does low-fat sour cream have additives, but you would also miss out on all the healthy fats if you chose low-fat products.
Cream cheese. We want all the ingredients to mix well together to create a smooth batter. So, make sure your cream cheese is softened. You can soften your cream cheese by placing it (still wrapped in the foil) in a bowl of very warm water (or pop it into the microwave for a few seconds, UNWRAPPED).
Cooking. Make sure your pan is hot before you add your batter (otherwise you will end up with scrambled pancakes!). Cook the pancakes over medium-low heat. If the flame is too hot, the pancakes will burn before they are ready to flip. By using a skillet with a lid, the pancake will be ready to flip in about 4 minutes. The pancakes are ready to flip when you see little bubbles come up to the surface.
Sour Cream and Chive Pancakes for your keto breakfast!
Don’t forget to comment and hit the 5-star button! I love hearing from you!
MORE KETO BREAKFAST IDEAS
Keto Sour Cream and Chives Pancakes
- large skillet with lid
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until creamy. Add eggs and sour cream. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and combine well. Lastly, stir in chives.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and grease with 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil. Use about 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake and spread into little circles (about 3 inches wide). Cook the pancakes with the lid on for about 4 minutes until you see little bubbles.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes (without the lid) until golden brown on the second side. Set aside. Grease pan with another tablespoon of butter or coconut oil and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with sour cream, chives, guacamole, smoked salmon, or anything else you like. Store leftovers in airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened. You can soften your cream cheese by placing it (still wrapped in the foil) in a bowl of very warm water (or pop it into the microwave for a few seconds, UNWRAPPED).
- Make sure your pan is hot before you add your batter (otherwise you will end up with scrambled pancakes!). Cook the pancakes over medium-low heat. If the flame is too hot, the pancakes will burn before they are ready to flip.