This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
This creamy Keto Ricotta Cheesecake is incredibly easy to make. Enjoy the light sweetness, and the fruity flavors of orange zest and fresh raspberries for breakfast or an after-dinner treat!
Zapekanka is a traditional Russian cheesecake made from tvorog (Russian farmer’s cheese), eggs, semolina or flour, and dried fruit. Thanks to its simplicity, it is often served for breakfast. Preparation only takes a few minutes, it is crust-less, and the ingredients are usually found in a (Russian) kitchen.
I usually make this Keto Ricotta Cheesecake in the evening and serve it chilled for breakfast with fresh fruits. It tastes amazing! It has a light sweetness to it and provides variety to our common eggs/bacon type of breakfast. It also makes for a wonderful, quick dessert, especially when topped off with powdered erythritol!
Typically, Zapekanka is made from Russian farmer’s cheese, but this is kind of hard to come by in the U.S. So, for our keto version we will use ricotta cheese. It has a very similar texture and flavor, and is perfect for making this keto cheesecake nice and creamy! To thicken the cheesecake batter, we will use coconut flour. Unlike semolina or wheat flour, it is low-carb and works great to absorb some of the moisture without affecting the flavor too much.
Tips for making creamy Keto Ricotta Cheesecake!
Ricotta. The basis of the cheesecake is mainly made up of ricotta cheese. Buy a whole, full-fat ricotta, without any additives, if possible. Preferably, the ingredients should only list whey, milk, and vinegar. Also, make sure to use full-fat Greek yogurt and sour cream!
Flavors. I love the combination of orange zest and raspberries. It makes this cheesecake smell amazing! Don’t be afraid to experiment with flavors, though! Other possibilities could be blueberries, lemon extract or zest, or raisins (just a few though because they are high in carbs). If you use zest, make sure to buy an ORGANIC orange.
Chill. Like all good cheesecakes, this Keto Ricotta Cheesecake tastes best after being chilled. If you want to serve Zapekanka for breakfast, consider making it the day before, so it can chill in the fridge over night. Otherwise, chill it at least for an hour before cutting into it!
Try this Keto Ricotta Cheesecake today!
TRY OTHER KETO RECIPES WITH RICOTTA CHEESE
Keto Ricotta Cheesecake (Zapekanka)
- 9×5-inch loaf pan
- fresh berries
- Swerve Sweetener confectioners
- Line 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, ricotta, yogurt, sour cream, Swerve confectioners, melted butter, vanilla extract, and orange zest. Add coconut flour and whisk in well. Lastly, stir in ¼ cup of the raspberries.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared pan, drop remaining raspberries over the batter, and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight. Serve with powdered erythritol and fresh berries. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.