This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
Pan-roasted pork tenderloin paired with a bold and tangy keto BBQ sauce. An easy and healthy dinner for the whole family!
Pork and BBQ sauce, you can’t go wrong with this combination! Even your kids and picky spouse will lick their fingers with this dish. The BBQ flavor is rich and deep, and everything a good sauce should be. It gets its bold and tangy flavors from onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and of course ketchup. Add some sweetness with a brown “sugar” substitute and a little kick with some chili powder. Your BBQ sauce is ready!
While pork itself, of course, is naturally keto, store-bought BBQ sauces are high in sugar and usually don’t work for a low-carb diet. Not this one! We use paleo-friendly, low-sugar ketchup and only natural sweeteners for the sauce to keep the carb count low!
So, enjoy your dinner guilt-free!
Tips for making the best BBQ Pork Tenderloin!
Sauce. Start with making your sauce. You can also make it a few days ahead of time and simply store it in the fridge until it’s dinner time.
Start off by cooking the onion, garlic, and chili powder in a saucepan until onion is softened. Then add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened. It’s that easy!
Pork. While the sauce is simmering, turn your attention to the pork tenderloins. If possible, use high-quality, organic meat from trusted sources.
Pat tenderloins dry and season with salt and pepper. Then heat oil in an oven-safe skillet (I use my cast iron) and brown tenderloins from all sides. Transfer skillet to preheated oven and roast the meat for about 10 more minutes, until it registers 145 degrees (with a meat thermometer).
Use a potholder to remove skillet (careful HOT), let rest for 5 minutes, slice, and serve with your delicious BBQ sauce!
Keto, saucy, good – BBQ Pork Tenderloin!
It would be great if you left feedback on this recipe by commenting and hitting the 5-star rating button. I’d love to hear from you!
MORE KETO DINNER RECIPES
Keto Pork Tenderloin with BBQ Sauce
- ovensafe skillet (12-inch) e.g. cast iron
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or bacon grease
- 2 pork tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil or butter in a medium saucepan over over medium heat. Add chopped onions, garlic, and chili powder. Cook until onions are softened.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients and let simmer over a low flame until sauce is thickened (about 20 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While sauce is simmering prepare pork. Preheat oven to 400 °F. Pat tenderloind dry with papertowels, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Brown tenderloins from all sides. Transfer to oven and roast for about 10 minutes until meat registers at 145 °F (with meat thermometer). Remove skillet (with potholders) from oven and let tenderloins rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice tenderloins and serve with BBQ Sauce.