This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
Satisfy your orange craving with this Keto Orange Glazed Pumpkin Cake! Moist, tender, and iced with a fruity sweet glaze.
I don’t know what it is about the winter months, but as soon as the cold hits us, I start to crave ORANGE! Maybe my body knows that I could use that extra vitamin C, or maybe I just love that refreshing orange flavor. Either way, I decided it was time for some orange in my life via a KETO Orange Glazed Pumpkin Cake!
The combination of pumpkin and orange is magnificent. The warm flavor of pumpkin brings out the juiciness of orange, and I just love how these two fruits (yes, pumpkin is technically a fruit) bridge fall and winter. The keto pumpkin cake is tender, moist, and spiced to perfection with cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg. The low-carb glaze is made with real orange juice, zest, and butter. You won’t be able to resist!
Tips for making tender Keto Orange Glazed Pumpkin Cake!
Springform. To make this keto pumpkin cake, you will need a 9-inch springform baking pan. My favorite is this springform pan by Nordic that has a tight sealing and a rim to prevent any spills. It has become my favorite baking pan and I have had no problems with spills.
Pumpkin puree. Use pure, 100% canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling). You will only need 1/2 cup of puree.
Yogurt. I love adding Greek yogurt to baked goods, especially cakes! It makes the texture soft and moist. Use full-fat Greek yogurt.
Ground hazelnut. To make this keto pumpkin cake, I use both almond flour and ground hazelnut meal. The hazelnut gives this cake an incredible aroma and nutty texture. However, you can also replace the ground hazelnut with more almond flour.
Orange glaze. Making the glaze is easy and quick! Grate the zest of one organic orange and juice about half of that orange for 1/4 cup orange juice. Combine this with 2 tablespoons of melted butter and about 2/3 cup of powdered erythritol. The amount of erythritol can vary a bit. You want the glaze to be pourable, but not too watery. Let the pumpkin cake cool down completely before icing!
Enjoy your slice of this Keto Orange Glazed Pumpkin Cake!
It would be great if you left feedback on this recipe by commenting and hitting the 5-star rating button!
MORE FESTIVE KETO DESSERTS
Keto Orange Glazed Pumpkin Cake
- 9-inch springform
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Swerve brown sugar substitute
- ½ cup pumpkin puree canned
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt full-fat
- 1 tbsp oil olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp orange extract optional
- 1½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup ground hazelnut or another cup of almond flour
- ½ cup Swerve Sweetener confectioners
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and grease 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and Swerve brown. Add pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt, vanilla and orange extract, and whisk until smooth. Stir in remaining cake ingredients and combine well. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes for moisture to absorb.
- Spread cake batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth out top with a spatula or spoon. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool down for 5 minutes, then remove the springform ring.
- When the pumpkin cake has cooled off completely, prepare the glaze. Grate the zest of your orange and press out ¼ cup of juice (takes about ½ orange).
- In a small bowl, whisk together zest, juice, Swerve confectioners, butter, and salt until smooth. Pour icing over the cooled down cake and use an offset spatula or butter knife to spread it all over. Let the icing drip down the edges.
- You can keep the cake covered up on the counter for up to 2 days or in your fridge for 1 week.