This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
Start fall with these eye-catching Keto Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Pancakes! They are soft, fluffy, and burst with warm fall flavors.
I can’t believe summer is nearly over! But I got to admit, I’m actually looking forward to fall. Changing colors, cool fall breeze, and of course pumpkin recipes! I wanted to come up with something special for my kids to start the new season and thought these keto chocolate pumpkin pancakes would be perfect!
Ladies and gentlemen, these are not your ordinary pancakes! Unlike other chocolate pancakes, the chocolate batter is actually carefully swirled into the pumpkin batter, resulting in beautiful marble patterns!
The finished pancakes are soft and fluffy, and because of the marbled quality of them, you will be able to taste both the chocolate and pumpkin flavors! I think they would make the perfect pancakes for any holiday morning and are sure to impress any company.
Tips for beautiful Keto Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Pancakes!
Use softened cream cheese. We want all the ingredients to mix well together to create a smooth batter. So make sure your cream cheese is softened. You can achieve this by taking the cream cheese out of the fridge 30 minutes before you start cooking, or you can heat it up in the microwave for about 10 seconds (in a microwave-safe bowl).
Right amount of heat. First of all, make sure your pan is hot before you add your batter (otherwise you will end up with scrambled pancakes!). Cook the pancakes over medium-low heat to prevent the bottoms from burning. By using a skillet with a lid, the pancakes will be ready to flip in about 6 minutes.
Marble effect. The trick to achieve the marble effect for these pancakes is actually pretty simple (good news!). You will add one tablespoon of cocoa powder (I prefer Dutch-process cocoa) and 1/2 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips to one quarter of the pancake batter. Then pour this chocolate batter into the bowl with the remaining pancake batter. Smooth out the top (so that you will have two thick layers of batter in your bowl) and carefully stir twice. We don’t want to combine the two batters, but simply swirl in the chocolate batter into the pumpkin batter. That’s it!
Celebrate fall the right way with Keto Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Pancakes!
MORE KETO FALL RECIPES
Keto Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Pancakes
- large skillet with lid
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sweeteners until creamy. Add eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract and mix well. Add cinnamon, almond flour, and baking powder and mix until smooth batter forms.
- Spoon out ¼ of the pancake batter into a small bowl. Add cocoa powder and chocolate chips to the small bowl, and whisk.
- Pour the chocolate batter back over the pancake batter. Smooth out top and stir twice so that the two batters are swirled but NOT combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and grease with 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil. Once the skillet is HOT, use about 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake and spread into little circles (no more than 3 inches wide). Cook the pancakes with the lid on for about 6 minutes, until they feel firm enough to flip.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown on the second side. Set aside. Grease pan with another tablespoon of butter or coconut oil and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with butter, sugar-free syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or anything else you like! You can store leftovers in an air-tight container in your fridge for about 5 days.
- Use softened cream cheese. When it is cold in my house, I pop my cream cheese in the microwave for about 10 seconds to ensure they will be creamy.
- Make sure your skillet is hot before you add the batter. Keep the heat on the lower side, as otherwise the bottom of the pancakes could brown before they are ready to flip.