This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
These Keto Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies taste and look just like the real thing! Crispy edges, chewy, and irresistibly buttery!
Ok, we got a winner! My whole family (including two picky boys) love these jumbo cookies. These sweet cookie giants are more than 4 inches wide! Enjoy them with a glass of (low-carb) milk and you will feel like a child again! They truly taste like the high-carb cookies you can buy from the bakery. SO GOOD!
I’ve been meaning to develop a recipe for giant keto chocolate chip cookies for a while, as it’s so hard to resist the sugar- and flour-packed cookies in the bakery section of the supermarket. My kids constantly asked for them, so now we can make delicious, super-healthy jumbo cookies at home!
Are these jumbo cookies really low-carb?
For sure! Instead of white flour and sugar, we use low-carb almond flour and erythritol (a brown sugar replacement to be exact). Even the chocolate chips are keto, thanks to Lily’s stevia-sweetened chocolate chips. So, move your worries aside and enjoy a chocolate chip cookie as big as your hand without any guilt!
Tips for making Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Brown sweetener. For these cookies, you need to use a brown sugar substitute, like Swerve Brown. Regular granulated erythritol tastes good but would make these cookies too crunchy.
Room temperature. Use softened butter and room temperature eggs.
Gelatin. I love grass-fed gelatin. It’s so healthy! Use just 1 teaspoon of powdered gelatin to make these cookies extra chewy!
Shape. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. With a spoon or with fingers, shape each cookie into a circle about 3 inches wide. During baking, the cookies with spread out to about 4-inches diameter.
Don’t overbake. Take the cookies out of the oven as soon as the edges turn golden brown. That will be around the 11-minute mark. They will still be very soft but will crisp up as they cool. So don’t eat them until they are cool (I know, but your patience will be rewarded!).
Back to your childhood with these JUMBO Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies!
It would be great if you left feedback on this recipe by commenting and hitting the 5-star rating button. I’d love to hear from you!
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER COOKIE RECIPES
Keto Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 large baking sheet
- parchment paper or silicon mat
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add Swerve brown sugar substitute and beat for one more minute. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until everything is combined. Lastly, stir in the sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Portion out about ⅓ of a cup for each cookie onto your prepared baking sheet. With the palm of your hand or with the back of a spoon flatten out cookie into 3-inch-wide circles.
- Bake the cookies for about 11 to 13 minutes until the edges look golden brown. The cookies will still be very soft when you take them out of the oven but will become firmer as they cool.
- Let them cool for at least 5 minutes before you move them onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Don’t overbake the cookies, as otherwise they will become very crunchy after they have cooled (unless you prefer it that way, of course).