This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
Make these real FRIED Keto Donuts with sugar-free glaze or cinnamon “sugar” topping! You don’t need any special equipment to enjoy a treat that’s tastes like fresh from the bakery.
They don’t look like it, but these donuts are really fried and really keto! You don’t need a deep-fryer or a donut-maker to enjoy this low-carb treat. Now you can indulge in colorful, glazed, sprinkle-covered donuts without having to worry about your blood-sugar or pants size!
I’ve been meaning to develop a recipe for fried keto donuts for a while. On the web, I have found several keto donuts recipe, but they were all baked and many required a donut maker. Well, for one I didn’t want to purchase a special equipment just for making donuts, and secondly, donuts just don’t taste like donuts unless they are fried.
So, today I present to you these deliciously soft Keto FRIED Donuts. No, you will not end up looking like Homer Simpson if you eat them. In fact, they are not only low in sugar, but only have 4 net carbs per serving! So what are you waiting for?
Tips for making FRIED Keto Donuts!
Oil. To fry these donuts, you you will need a thick-bottomed frying pan and LOTS of oil (about 2 cups). I use ghee, but you can also use coconut oil or lard. And yes, you can reuse the oil. Just make sure to let it cool down and strain it, before you pour in into a glass container for later use.
Frying. To fry the donuts, we will use the shallow frying method. That means you don’t need a deep fryer to make this keto treat! Over a medium-low flame, heat about 1 inch of oil in your frying pan. Once the oil is hot, carefully slide your first batch of donuts into the pan. Make sure your oil is HOT before adding the donuts! You can test this by inserting a wooden toothpick into the frying oil. Once you see little bubbles forming around the pick, it’s hot enough. Fry the donuts for about 5-8 minutes on both sides.
Glazing. I made a sweet vanilla glaze for my donuts, topped with sugar-free sprinkles. YUM! Feel free to add some natural food coloring to your glaze. For the cinnamon lovers among you, try my cinnamon “sugar” topping for your donuts. It’s super easy to make!
Fry your Keto Donuts for a special treat!
MORE EXCITING KETO BREAKFAST RECIPES
Keto Fried Donuts
- large frying pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Add remaining ingredients (except frying oil) and whisk until well combined.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes for moisture to be absorbed. After 5 minutes, dough should feel sticky to the touch and moldable. If it feels too sticky, add more coconut flour (only 1 tablespoon at a time) and let absorb again. If dough feels too dry to mold, add more yogurt (1 tablespoon at a time), and let absorb again.
- Divide dough into 8 equal parts. Roll out each part into a 7 inch log. Then press ends together to shape into a donut.
- Over a medium-low flame, heat about 1 inch of frying oil in frying pan. When oil is HOT, carefully slide in 3-4 donuts. Fry each side for about 5-8 minutes until golden brown. Let rest on a paper-towel lined cooling rack. Repeat with remaining donuts.
Option 1 – Glazing
- Prepare the glazing while the donuts are cooling down. In a small bowl, whisk together Swerve confectioners, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Add a few drops of food coloring if desired. Dip in one side of each COOLED DOWN donut. Cover with sugar-free sprinkles if desired. Add more heavy cream to the glaze if it turns too thick for dipping.
Option 2 – Cinnamon Sugar
- For a cinnamon sugar topping, whisk together cinnamon, erythritol, and melted butter. Dip in one side of your donut. If the mixture is too thick for dipping, add more melted butter.