This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
This healthy Keto Cream Spinach Stromboli is incredibly easy to make with a nearly ZERO CARB dough and super cheesy spinach filling!
After I came up with my grain-free, nearly zero-carb Carnivore Flatbread, I knew the possibilities with this new keto pizza crust/bread would be endless! One of the first things I tried out with it was a keto stromboli, and it worked out BEAUTIFULLY!
What is a stromboli? The first stromboli was invented by Italian-Americans in Philadelphia. It is typically made with a square-shaped pizza crust dough, topped with any variety of pizza toppings, and then rolled up jelly-roll style and baked. So delicious, but also high in carbs!
Thankfully, this Keto Creamy Spinach Stromboli has all the deliciousness of a traditional stromboli, but none of its carbs and grains! Since it is very easy to prepare, makes a great dinner or snack, it be will be loved by both your kids and you. Who could resist this incredibly creamy filling of cream cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella, and nutrient-rich spinach?
Tips for rolling up this Keto Creamy Spinach Stromboli!
Crust. To make the crust for this keto stromboli, we will make one batch of my Carnivore Flatbread. All you need is eggs, Greek yogurt, mozzarella, and some spices. Spread out the batter into a rectangle of about 13×11 inches and bake.
Cottage cheese. Buy high-quality cottage cheese without fillers. Make sure it’s full-fat and take a look at the ingredients. It should only have milk, cream, and salt listed.
Assembly. First, top the baked crust with the spinach filling while still warm. Once the crust cools down completely, it will become harder to roll into a stromboli shape. If your flatbread crust is already cooled down, warm it up in the oven for a few minutes to soften. Next, to roll up the stromboli, lift the baking sheet under the crust and roll lengthwise into a jelly-roll shape. Bake seam side down.
Serving. To serve the stromboli, slice and eat hot or cold (after refrigeration). The stromboli makes a great dinner, appetizer, or in-between snack! You can refrigerate the roll whole or sliced for about 5 days.
Try something new with this Spinach Stromboli today!
MORE KETO SPINACH RECIPES
Keto Cream Spinach Stromboli
- Bake the Carnivore Flatbread according to instructions into a rectangular shape of about 13×11 inches. Remove from oven and leave on lined baking sheet to SLIGHTLY cool down. Turn oven to 375 °F.
- For the filling, beat the softened cream cheese in a medium bowl. Add the cottage cheese and mozzarella, and whisk until well combined. Whisk in the defrosted spinach, garlic, and salt.
- Spread filling over the still warm flatbread crust. Roll it up lengthwise into a jelly-roll shape by by carefully lifting a small part of the dough with the parchment paper, rolling, and peeling off the paper (repeat until the whole rectangle is rolled up).
- Bake seam-side down for 15 minutes. Slice to serve.
- Leftovers can be stored whole or sliced in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.