This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.
Oh my goodness, these Keto Cheese Rolls are incredibly soft, fluffy, and of course so CHEESY! No grains, no gluten, and so easy to make!
Note: This recipe was first published October 12, 2022 and modified in April 4, 2023.
One of my favorite bread items growing up were German “Käsebrötchen,” aka cheese bread rolls. Occasionally, we would buy them fresh from the bakery. I couldn’t get enough of the crispy cheese on top and the soft, cheese bread inside. They made the perfect school-lunch, breakfast, or snack!
TRY MY OTHER KETO BREAD ROLLS
I’ve been meaning to develop a grain-free, keto-friendly version for a while, and now I finally have! These KETO Cheese rolls are just like my childhood bread rolls, except even BETTER because they don’t raise my blood sugar! I made the dough with Greek yogurt and olive oil for a super fluffy roll that you will want to eat any time of the day.
Watch the recipe video here!
Tips for making the best Keto Cheese Rolls!
Xanthan gum and psyllium husk. Grain-free, keto bread is free of gluten, but of course we still want that chewiness that we know from traditional bread. Therefore, I use both xanthan gum and psyllium husk for a bread-like texture without the carbs.
Cheese. My favorite cheese (as you may know) is Gouda. I just love its nutty flavor. For my rolls, I use Gouda. It adds a delicious flavor to bread rolls. However, feel free to try other kinds of cheese, like cheddar or even Mozzarella (or even a combination of different types of cheeses!).
Shaping. To shape the dough, divide it into 6 parts, and roll them into balls. To avoid the dough sticking to your fingers, wet your hands slightly. I like keeping a small bowl of water next to my working area.
Topping. Brush each bread roll with an egg wash and sprinkle with grated cheese. Alternatively, you can also dip each brushed roll in a bowl of grated cheese.
Enjoy the CHEESIEST bread roll!
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER KETO BREAD RECIPES
Keto Cheese Rolls
- baking sheet
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- ½ cup Gouda cheese shredded, or cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, milk, and eggs until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, psyllium husk, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. Stir in shredded cheese. Let dough sit for 5 minutes to absorb mixture.
- With slightly wet hands, shape the dough into 6 balls and set onto prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yolk and milk. Brush each roll with egg wash, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, until cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool down.
- Store covered on counter for 2 days or in refrigerator for 5 days.